• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 198 on 12 Jan 2017, 04:36
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
Collapse view

Official Club Announcements

• Advertisement

Flatout Racing champion STC Black Cup 2010

Flatout Racing champion STC Black Cup 2010

Postby Tom Ilsbroux » 20 Dec 2010, 09:16

As you already probably will know.
Flatout Racing is champion of the STC Black Cup 2010.

It was a great Team effort that brought us this far.
This season was amazing, we lead from race one, never gave up the lead. RPM challenged us but our guys kept their head cool, even in the last race when it looked like the odds where against us they stood up and got the points that gave us the overall win.

Preparation leading up for each race was i think the key, amazing number off laps done, testing every possible scenario.

I watched every broadcast together with the guys on teamspeak, and i must say it beats looking at F1 by far. Very intense racing it was.

The club guys also did a tremendous season, they got some great points. It was great to see so many guys wanting to give it ago.

Thx guys for making this a great season.
Special tanks to Mikko who joined us from DHR to help us get the title, don't think he regrets doing this :) , it goes without saying that you are welcome next season.

Phenom II x4 945 | GTS250 512Mb | 16GB DDR3 |ASUS M5A99X EVO | G25 Wheel | GameRacer Elite
Tom Ilsbroux
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Testdriver@Belgium
Team: Flatout Racing

Re: Flatout Racing champion STC Black Cup 2010

Postby Adz1200 » 20 Dec 2010, 12:40

Thanks Tom, It was a pleasure to be involved and a privilege to be in the last race where it all mattered.
I have enjoyed watching the broadcast of the last race twice now and it just goes to show, when everything looks lost and things are going against you, never give up, never accept defeat, just dig deep and give it all you've got, that's the Flatout way of doing things !
We will need all that fighting spirit back for next season, I'm sure the other teams will be gunning for us, but back to back victory's must be our focus now and with a team like ours, there will be no stopping us !

Viva Flatout #1, The Champs ! ;D
Adz1200
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: Adam Shaw

Postby Monk3y » 20 Dec 2010, 13:14

Well what can I say, Awesome, simply awesome.

We have managed to win everthing within STC this year, from the best looking car to the overall points Champions.

I have to give a big thankyou to Mikko, who gave us the best possible start and proved that good preperation can go a long way. Really without you Mikko I don't think we would be in this situation now, so thanks for all your help.

We saw some inspired performances from our teams over the season. I think we saw a number of drivers in Racing and Club who really started to believe in themselves. Thats the most important part for a driver, the belief you can compete with anyone. Its been great to watch, some of you its like a light switch, suddenly it clicks and your up there towards the front...top stuff(you know who you are guys).

I have to mention the last race of the season, Hamilton. That was one of the most amazing races I was ever involved with or even saw. First off massive respect to our two Racing drivers, Adam and Kev. I knew this race was going to be tense and full of pressure, but not as much as it was in the end. How you guys kept your heads after dropping 10ish places because of someone else, was amazing. I doubt you'll ever race in a more difficult race than that, if you can come through that you can get through and achieve anything in racing.

So we did it, we did what we should have done in the very first season (those that can remember). For me thats something I thought we may never get to put right, I felt really bad about the first season, had about 3 DCs from podium positions over that season and we lost to RPM in the last round much like how we won in the last round this year. Anyway how wrong I was, ofcource we would get another chance...and when we did we took it!

Well done to all involved.
"After the third flip, I lost control............"
Don Roberts after crashing in the Jade Grenade at New England Dragway in 1975.
Monk3y
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: A.K.A Mike Simian

Postby RookieMaster » 20 Dec 2010, 14:46

Well done Flatout, Im proud of you!
I regret I could not be a part of a dream coming true. All I did was keeping an eye on the table and praying to cybergods to keep you online. You can count on me to make a couple of races next season and I shall work hard to help retain the title.
RookieMaster
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Name: Mateusz Marcinkowski

Postby Iain Wilton » 20 Dec 2010, 17:36

Agree with all above. A very proud moment for this club.

A big congratulations to the club for winning this title. As Mike says, we came very close in the first STC season.

We really stepped it up this time from a team perspective. I think the input from Mikko and the start he and Bryan gave us was invaluable.

If I am truly honest, RPM lost this title by having too many incidents on track with their drivers. This just proves to show how respectful all of our drivers are on track that we had no penalties go against us. Real top job fellas.

I big difference for me this season as was able to run in 3 races. The first at Bahrain was brilliant, but the other was just plain darn hard work. I am willing to try and take more leave to race again for the next one. I do wish sometimes I was back in the UK, to be able to input and contribute more.

Adz and Kev, the last race, you must have been under so much pressure, so big congrats to you for keeping your cool and stepping up when it really mattered.

And again as Mike says, club drivers did an awesome job.
4.4GHz AMD FX 4170 Quad Bulldozer CPU / Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 / 24GB 1333Mhz DDR3 / GeForce GTX780 / 1 TB WD Bk HD / Samsung 27" Curved / Fanatec 911 Wheel - ClubSport Pedals + GT Omega Racing Rig / GameCom 780 Headset 7.1 DTS & BOSE Speakers
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Irw76

Postby David Clark » 20 Dec 2010, 17:44

So its now official - GameRacer Flatout, STC Champions Happy3

Well done to all involved in making this possible.

I think Mike covered everything and everyone so i just want to 2nd everything in his post and say its a pleasure to be part of this great team.

Flatout No1 Happy2
David Clark
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: David Clark
Nickname: ScoDav

Postby David Garcia » 21 Dec 2010, 15:32

TOP JOB GUYS! CONGRATULATIONS!
David Garcia

Postby Brian Ronald » 21 Dec 2010, 18:41

Finally got round to watching the race and what a race it was! amazing stuff from all the FOC lads - very well done - considering some of the incidents you could easily have brought home a 1,2!

Hopefully i'll get in on the action next time!!
Lotus EXIGE S - Hopefuly with a turbo conversion coming soon!
Brian Ronald
Flatout Member
Flatout Member

Name: Brian Ronald
Nickname: Gixxer
Team: Flatout Club

Postby Mikko Korkiakoski » 22 Dec 2010, 11:05

I've been absent for a few days (am away from home) so I haven't had much time to post anything here. This has all been said I think but I'll put it down here anyways.

First of all I'm really grateful to Flatout for giving me the chance to drive in STC this season. After DHR decided to quit/take a break from STC I didn't really think of driving this season but little by little I started to get an itch to get back in it any way possible. So I took the Doran out for a few laps and thought it wasn't all that bad and then posted that I was looking for a team on the STC site. There had been talk of me joining AnE but after I never heard from them I posted at STC. Sure enough I got a reply from BFR and Flatout almost immediately. Infact I got 2 replies from FO. :D After that it was really quite easy to decide which team to join. I already knew Mike after having a few words with him about our little "thing" at Donington last season. ;) Anyway after I joined 4 realz things started to unfold fast...and the rest is history...well not quite.

I wanted to do as much as possible to prepare myself and also to help the other drivers (if possible) so we could have good season. Of course I also wanted to make a good impression being the new guy in the team and all...being put to "racing" immediately may have upset some people and I understood that. So I felt like I needed to prove that it was the right decision from Mike and Tom. But basically I really only did what I always do and just adding a little more everything and most of all putting all of it out to the forum for everybody to see. At DHR we did things a bit differently but I felt posting laptimes, tire wear and other info could be a better way to help the team in general.

Going into the first race I was really comfortable with the car and I felt I had a great setup. Well the race didn't go even close to what I wanted it but eventually we got a great result for the racing team and sure enough we had the championship lead which we would never lose!

As the season progressed it was clear that a few teams had a solid line up to challenge for the title. But one by one the all faded away leaving only RPM to put pressure on us and they really did a good job doing that. We had a lot of ups and downs during the season but I think both were because of the same little thing...preparation. Sure there were other factor involved but most of all I think preparation was the key to success and failure this season for us. I think you know where I'm getting here so I won't go on about this any longer. ;D

In the end I think it was the preparation though that allowed us to take the title in the last race...having that many problems and still being able to do the job just shows that a few thousand of laps will do it!

I'd like to again thank FO for giving me a chance to drive and also to thank all the drivers and members for a great season of STC. You really earned the title and I'm proud of the guys that stepped forward to do the job properly! You may have noticed I said you instead of we and that's just because basically I was on loan and thus still part of DHR...but I will have to evaluate things again before next season. I may very well drive for FO (if allowed) even if DHR would return to STC. But I've already gone on too long blah blah blah so I'll just go away now.
Mikko Korkiakoski
Flatout Member
Flatout Member

Name: Mikko Korkiakoski
Nickname: Reissuleipa

Postby Bryan Stark » 22 Dec 2010, 12:33

The only race i managed this season was at spa and i was fortunate enough to have you as my team mate their Mikko, without your input and setup work i would have struggled alot more in that race than i did (just a shame you couldnt understand me on teamspeak) lol2 :P

Its been a pleasure having you drive with us this season and it might be a good time to tell Damian that STC is over rated and DHR should have another year out ;)

Whatever you decide in the future Mikko i wish you well :)
Bryan Stark

Postby Dice » 22 Dec 2010, 18:06

I just like to say a big thank you to all involved. Getting us a sponsor and then seeing you guys make good with the racing was just awesome. Making my weekly call to let Ted know how we were doing just got better and better. Then I got to make the best call of all, telling Gameracer there car was STC champions. Well done guys you raced like pros. We raced like a true team and let's hope we can keep that spirit alive.

Mikko, a personal thank you has to go out to you mate, you took us to another level this season with all your input and set up help. I hope you decide to stay with us, if not I wish you all the best and again thank you.

Will
Very proud to be head of PR of The STC Champions.
Dice
Flatout R&D crew
Flatout R&D crew

Name: Will Currington
Nickname: Dice

Postby Adz1200 » 22 Dec 2010, 19:55

Great post there Mikko, got to agree with you that preparation is everything and you lead by example by leaving no stone unturned for each of your races and your input was always there even when not racing so big thanks for that.
There was a great deal of commitment put in by the drivers this season and it paid off for sure, well done guys !
It certainly made me proud to see Flatout racing at the top of the points table throughout the championship and although the pressure was sometimes intence we managed to hold off the competition to the very end.
More of the same next time would be great and you can count on me to be there and give it my all.
As for your drive next season Mikko, I think its fair to say as I'm sure you know, there's always a place for you here m8, I feel its only fair to not pressure you for any kind of decision as you have loyalties to another team also to consider but as long as you know your always welcome and we would much rather be racing with you than against you ;)

Thanks guys, its been a dream season and hope for more of the same next time.
Adz1200
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: Adam Shaw

Postby Ken Bell » 22 Dec 2010, 21:28

Good post Mikko. You mentioned about being put straight into Racing Team may have upset a few people etc etc. Personally, I do not remember anyone being upset at all, as your reputation preceded you. You joined the club and immediately went into action and was instantly recognised as a 'doer' and got people working harder from day one.

It is US who need to thank YOU and not the other way round.

All said, I think I can confidently say that we all hope you will stay on at FO. Happy3
What, no slippers and smelly pipe?
Ken Bell
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Nickname: Chillster
Team: Flatout Club

Return to Official Club Announcements