• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 637 on 10 May 2020, 15:56
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Collapse view

Historic F1 79 Tour

• Advertisement

Flatouts Next rFactor Series Coming Soon - Saturday 13th Mar

Re: Flatouts Next rFactor Series Coming Soon - Saturday 13th

Postby Hatch » 15 Mar 2010, 12:34

Lee is right.

Because rFactor does not model all Aero physics( no run of the mill sim does, perhaps rFactor pro ), they've had to simulate some effects of the wingcars by other means.

Try the Arrows at Interlagos or Kyalami (it's a non wingcar), it handles beautiful and is quite fast without being a handful.
It drift like a dream :)

Put powerdiff to 10 % let the tyres warm up & see how nicely these handle.
Default setups are very nice.
Hatch
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Team: Flatout Racing

Postby Adz1200 » 15 Mar 2010, 13:04

Just to add my thoughts, yeah these beast's are hardcore, of that there is no doubt but if you stick at it , soon it will come to you.
For me I had to do over 60 laps here before it started to click (about 6.00am this morning lol)
Although frustrating, its also very rewarding when you get it hooked up.
You don't need to be the fastest driver on the grid, just fast for you, then work on consistency, its the same challenge for everyone so on race night, as long as you can get reasonably comfortable with the car/track then you should have a good evening.

Just think how easy everything else will seem after these, completing this series WILL improve my driving skills, I'm sure of it.
Adz1200
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: Adam Shaw

Postby Bevan Johnson » 15 Mar 2010, 14:19

Guys, I know you will always offer help to those who need it and it is much appreciated. The issue here, and to quote Adz, "do 60 laps before it started to click". And that is from Adz who is a very accomplished driver. I have loads of other things I want to do with my spare time so dedicating that much to one game just isn't on the cards. I think you hit the nail on head, Adz, when you said "as long as you can get reasonably comfortable with the car". I am not. No where near. Just getting around in one piece is a struggle, so I can forget trying to overtake anyone. This just puts everyone else's game at risk and that is not something I want to do.

Having said that, It would be foolish to not take Lee up on his offer of help. If you are around Tuesday evening, matey? Give it one more go with some pro help and lets see.

Just to re-iterate, I am not angry or upset about this series at all. I think it's a great choice, but just maybe a bit out of my calibre :)

Bazelbezelbizel
Bevan Johnson
Flatout Tech Department
Flatout Tech Department

Nickname: n0tch
Team: Flatout Club

Postby Nismo » 15 Mar 2010, 14:34

n0tch wrote:Guys, I know you will always offer help to those who need it and it is much appreciated. The issue here, and to quote Adz, "do 60 laps before it started to click". And that is from Adz who is a very accomplished driver. I have loads of other things I want to do with my spare time so dedicating that much to one game just isn't on the cards. I think you hit the nail on head, Adz, when you said "as long as you can get reasonably comfortable with the car". I am not. No where near. Just getting around in one piece is a struggle, so I can forget trying to overtake anyone. This just puts everyone else's game at risk and that is not something I want to do.

Having said that, It would be foolish to not take Lee up on his offer of help. If you are around Tuesday evening, matey? Give it one more go with some pro help and lets see.

Just to re-iterate, I am not angry or upset about this series at all. I think it's a great choice, but just maybe a bit out of my calibre :)

Bazelbezelbizel
Sure mate no worrys and have to say that it's a struggle for everyone of us with these cars, but c'mon guys that's what it's all about isn't? I know for a fact i don't want something easy ala EVO and handed on a plate to me. I personally love the challenge and knowing that one missed braking point can end in tears, exactly like it did the other night when battling Iain. Anyway yes mate will be around and fingers crossed we get you flying. These cars are perfectly drivable and can be driven far faster than you think you can, you just have to let the tyres and brakes hit the opitmal temps.

For now it's POW to the Lethal Bazel! and BTW it's the space bar that's underated!
Nismo
Flatout Member
Flatout Member

Name: Lee Ross

Postby Bevan Johnson » 15 Mar 2010, 14:37

Cheers Lee.

I haven't laughed so much in ages. I totally forgot about the "Underrated Tab Key". Classic. That just made my day.
Bevan Johnson
Flatout Tech Department
Flatout Tech Department

Postby Nismo » 15 Mar 2010, 14:39

Adz1200 wrote:Just to add my thoughts, yeah these beast's are hardcore, of that there is no doubt but if you stick at it , soon it will come to you.
For me I had to do over 60 laps here before it started to click (about 6.00am this morning lol)
Although frustrating, its also very rewarding when you get it hooked up.
You don't need to be the fastest driver on the grid, just fast for you, then work on consistency, its the same challenge for everyone so on race night, as long as you can get reasonably comfortable with the car/track then you should have a good evening.

Just think how easy everything else will seem after these, completing this series WILL improve my driving skills, I'm sure of it.
LMFAO mate well done on the time adz, last night was funny as feck mate i was in tears with you on this track. Awesome dedication adz 6am in the morning, you fruitloop! I honestly think like i said last night mate it's one of them bogey tracks evryone has mate, me with Silverstone but man fair play to you fella, you stuck at it.

It's a wicked track IMO and gives you a real buzz when you nail a lap, it reminds me alot of Mosport with all the elevations and bumps.
Nismo
Flatout Member
Flatout Member

Name: Lee Ross

Postby Iain Wilton » 15 Mar 2010, 14:56

Yes these beasts can be a challenge, but this cicuit, Interlagos poses far different ones to Montreal. Its more about high speed and carrying that speed through the corners. What I have found with these cars is actually brake early as it wont lose you time, turn in, try and stay smooth then feed the power on gently but on exit really try not to lift the throttle as its that that compromises your speed on the straights. Also stay well away from the curbs, as it makes the car jump all over the place.

And from the cars that I have tried, the ones to maybe stay away from if you are struggling with the cars is the Ferrari, Alfa and Renault.

For me the better handling cars are the Lotus, Brabham, Williams and Ligier.

Tyres - if you are using the soft tyres for all runs, then it can take a good 3 or 4 laps to get the required temperature to be able to nail those braking / turn in points. The quali tyre round here should be good after 1 lap because of the length of the circuit.
i7 9700 / ASUSTeK PRIME H310-PLUS / 16GB RAM / RTX 2070 / 256GB SSD & 2* 1 TB WD / 32" ASUS 4K Screen / Fanatec CSL Elite / ClubSport Pedals V3 / Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter / GT Omega Racing Rig / ROG Keybd, Mouse, Balteus Qi Mat, ROG Delta Hdset
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Irw76

Postby Hatch » 15 Mar 2010, 15:31

Also remember these cars changed per race.
As I wrote before try one of the non wing cars first.
Nearly as fast and much nicer to drive.

Might evn be faster if you gain confidence in one of those.
Hatch
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Adz1200 » 15 Mar 2010, 16:17

Nismo wrote:LMFAO mate well done on the time adz, last night was funny as feck mate i was in tears with you on this track. Awesome dedication adz 6am in the morning, you fruitloop! I honestly think like i said last night mate it's one of them bogey tracks evryone has mate, me with Silverstone but man fair play to you fella, you stuck at it.

It's a wicked track IMO and gives you a real buzz when you nail a lap, it reminds me alot of Mosport with all the elevations and bumps.

Lol, yeah man I was determined to hit a low 28, got a 28.1 then went to bed !!
As you said though, had a go at lunchtime today and beat that lap with a 27.8 on my third lap ;D
That was a tough nights practice though, lmao m8, I've never tried so hard and failed so much !!!! :o
Adz1200
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Iain Wilton » 16 Mar 2010, 02:20

Just added a hot lap from tonights bit of practise if anyone is interested. My setup is still default apart from:

Steering lock to 19
Rear wing to 6

My time was a 2:23.5 and that was with a little slide coming into one of the slower corners near the end of the lap, so lost a little there, and also was not on the power early enough in T3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i7 9700 / ASUSTeK PRIME H310-PLUS / 16GB RAM / RTX 2070 / 256GB SSD & 2* 1 TB WD / 32" ASUS 4K Screen / Fanatec CSL Elite / ClubSport Pedals V3 / Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter / GT Omega Racing Rig / ROG Keybd, Mouse, Balteus Qi Mat, ROG Delta Hdset
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Bevan Johnson » 16 Mar 2010, 23:56

Guys, I found my issue. My pedal calibration was totally screwed. I was using Leo Bodnar's calibration tool as well as Windows and it turned out my brake was only working about 60% and my throttle sensitivity was through the roof. Wiped all settings back to defaults and tried again with the Lotus as Henk suggested. BLOODY BRILLIANT!!

I think in this case I should have blamed my tools before myself like I normally do!!

Alls good in the world of bazelbuzelbezal.

I also found out tonight that it's nice to suck coffee through the middle of a penguin. Bonus.
Bevan Johnson
Flatout Tech Department
Flatout Tech Department

Postby Iain Wilton » 17 Mar 2010, 00:37

n0tch wrote:Guys, I found my issue. My pedal calibration was totally screwed. I was using Leo Bodnar's calibration tool as well as Windows and it turned out my brake was only working about 60% and my throttle sensitivity was through the roof. Wiped all settings back to defaults and tried again with the Lotus as Henk suggested. BLOODY BRILLIANT!!

I think in this case I should have blamed my tools before myself like I normally do!!

Alls good in the world of bazelbuzelbezal.

I also found out tonight that it's nice to suck coffee through the middle of a penguin. Bonus.

Great news fella......cu on track.
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Adz1200 » 17 Mar 2010, 01:18

n0tch wrote:

falldownlaugh falldownlaugh falldownlaugh

Glad you got the hardware sorted, great news !!
See you back on track soon m8 !
Adz1200
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Horus » 17 Mar 2010, 09:46

n0tch wrote:Alls good in the world of bazelbuzelbezal.

Hallo all, Kitkat's are also very good, along with twix for coffee/choc/tea sucking. Still I have little knowledge of a 'Bazelbuzelbezal' but it sounds fun. How many does it take to have a Bazelbuzelbezal, can you do it alone? Do you need any lubricant or coolant?

Good to hear you have everything sorted, real pain when you find you have a hardware issue not a heavy foot or dull head. Now push for the 2.20's I'll watch from the back in the 2.30's.:)

Take care all.
Schumacher is rusty around the ring - BBC commentator on Shumy at Bahrain
Horus
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Bevan Johnson » 17 Mar 2010, 09:51

I wanted to get in the 2:29s before bed last night and just did it. TBH I am really happy with that, but moreso with the fact I have confidence in the car now. Not TOTAL confidence as that would make it boring, just enough not to be a danger to all in a 5 mile radius :)
Bevan Johnson
Flatout Tech Department
Flatout Tech Department

PreviousNext

Return to Historic F1 79 Tour