• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 637 on 10 May 2020, 15:56
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Collapse view

Historic F1 79 Tour

• Advertisement

Flatouts Next rFactor Series Coming Soon - Saturday 13th Mar

Re: Flatouts Next rFactor Series Coming Soon - Saturday 13th Mar

Postby Ken Bell » 01 Mar 2010, 23:23

:peace: :peace: :driving: Cool0044
What, no slippers and smelly pipe?
Ken Bell
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Nickname: Chillster
Team: Flatout Club

Postby Hatch » 02 Mar 2010, 12:11

LOL  falldownlaugh, no criticism implied.
Just a suggestion.

It's just that most cars are more or less equally fast except for the end of season Williams.
But that's more or less taken care of by the fact that we are driving the Historics which control which car you can drive according to the cars used in real life.:)

So if we drive mostly early season cars, the Williams isn't the best choice.
Wheras if we drive more late season cars the Williams wouldn't be the car for you Ian, or anyother of our resident aliens.
You'd have no competition LOL

BTW You admins are doing a great job, sometimes our nitpicking is just because all else is going so well  :cheer2:
Hatch
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Team: Flatout Racing

Postby Tom Ilsbroux » 02 Mar 2010, 12:37

Chillster wrote:Sorry Tom and Iain, but yes you guys work damn hard but we are NOT criticising and displaying negativity; just talking positive!  PEACE :peace:

Never said it was negative ;)
Phenom II x4 945 | GTS250 512Mb | 16GB DDR3 |ASUS M5A99X EVO | G25 Wheel | GameRacer Elite
Tom Ilsbroux
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Testdriver@Belgium

Postby Hatch » 02 Mar 2010, 15:56

Oops got my years wrong.
Although the later Williams was dominant in the later of 1979 part it wasn't until 1980 that it romped away decisively from the rest.

So the 1979 is quick but not immensily quicker.
Hatch
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Ken Bell » 02 Mar 2010, 21:00

Dont give them all our secrets Hatch.  Party03 Party03
What, no slippers and smelly pipe?
Ken Bell
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Nickname: Chillster

Postby Hatch » 02 Mar 2010, 21:49

Well it will be an interesting series.
There are lots of cars which are equally fast.
Some sound great like the Alfa.
Some have nice power but are thirstier etc Lots to choose from & I think only tires were allowed in pitstop, so you have to carry fuel for the entire race :)

Although we've raced there only last weekend , I love driving these at Dijon for testing as the flowing course suit them so well.

With a bit of research I found that with the tracks chosen we'll have a good one.
Hatch
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Iain Wilton » 02 Mar 2010, 21:53

Hatch wrote:Well it will be an interesting series.
There are lots of cars which are equally fast.
Some sound great like the Alfa.
Some have nice power but are thirstier etc Lots to choose from & I think only tires were allowed in pitstop, so you have to carry fuel for the entire race :)

Although we've raced there only last weekend , I love driving these at Dijon for testing as the flowing course suit them so well.

With a bit of research I found that with the tracks chosen we'll have a good one.

I have only driven the Alfa so far and the sound was as you say awesome!!  That was the car I tested the tracks with.  Will wait until after the weekends race before getting serious in this mod.
i7 9700 / ASUSTeK PRIME H310-PLUS / 16GB RAM / RTX 2070 / 256GB SSD & 2* 1 TB WD / 32" ASUS 4K Screen / Fanatec CSL Elite / ClubSport Pedals V3 / Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter / GT Omega Racing Rig / ROG Keybd, Mouse, Balteus Qi Mat, ROG Delta Hdset
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Irw76

Postby Hatch » 03 Mar 2010, 10:31

i'd only driven v1 of the mod age's ago, and written it of as too understeery.
But this last version really captures the essence of wingcars.
In long sweeping corners you have to commit yourself to giving it all, at the last moment when speed is highest the understeer drops away and you sail through ( or not LOL)

In real life you had to commit yourself and step on the gas, if you drove them like a non wing car you'd be way too slow.
It was really physical.

But so much fun.

The 79 season is I think was a great choice because everything was still developing as the season went along.

Looking back it was serious fun seeing a new car nearly every other race then.
Hatch
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Re: Flatouts Next rFactor Series Coming Soon - Saturday 13th

Postby Iain Wilton » 13 Mar 2010, 02:52

Attention fellas!!

We are going to be doing at least 1 maybe 2 warm up laps in these races before we hit the gas properly. We can always just add a couple of laps onto the distance for the race. It takes along time to heat brakes / tyres.

Everyone okay with that??

1st race will be 14 laps
2nd race will be 30 laps
i7 9700 / ASUSTeK PRIME H310-PLUS / 16GB RAM / RTX 2070 / 256GB SSD & 2* 1 TB WD / 32" ASUS 4K Screen / Fanatec CSL Elite / ClubSport Pedals V3 / Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter / GT Omega Racing Rig / ROG Keybd, Mouse, Balteus Qi Mat, ROG Delta Hdset
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Irw76

Postby Hatch » 13 Mar 2010, 15:24

Windows totally screwed up.
When on track bit are missing , like corners and parts of cars.
tried a reinstall of RFactor but to no avail other parts are failing as well like WMP :(
Hope to be done reistalling in time to race
Hatch
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Bevan Johnson » 14 Mar 2010, 21:55

I'm going to be sitting this series out. I really just don't get on with these cars and am not enjoying it. Montreal was proof. Race 1 was pure luck and race 2 I didn't even get past the first corner before ploughing into the wall. I don't have the skill level to improve in the time I want to give to practicing to be even safe on the track. I will just end up being a liability and that is not fair on everyone else who want and do put a LOT of hours into this.

I love sim racing but these cars are just too much of a handful for a very casual racer like myself. True I could stick with it and put the time in, but TBH I want to practice a bit to learn the track, and then turn up on the weekend and have a great time. Not spend hours getting frustrated at just trying to learn to drive the car. I suppose it's all about priorities. I want to have fun and with this series I am not. I wish I was as the cars look and sound great.

This isn't me giving up (again), it's me seriously not wanting to be a liability and causing an incident on track. I will be back in the next series, oh yes.

I hope you understand.
Bevan Johnson
Flatout Tech Department
Flatout Tech Department

Nickname: n0tch

Postby Horus » 14 Mar 2010, 22:24

I have to agree with Notch's statement. Maybe tomorrow I will think differently. I just do not have fun driving this series, style of car. To be honest it matters little as I am not looking towards rFactor more STC, but I would like to race with you guys in something that is racing. I do not see anything fun about this 1979 f1 racing. I am but the second to say as much but I am sure Notch and me would be happy watching but not playing. I am not going to join as I am either not good enough, or feel my time can be spent better somewhere else. I will still watch and enjoy you lads racing but I do not see a reason why I have to cause problems on track with my shite driving.

Take care all.

P.S. I love all motor sport, from tracker pulling to Cleo racing , but this mod feels wrong. The last series felt good and was fun, the F1 79 series does not feel fun.
Schumacher is rusty around the ring - BBC commentator on Shumy at Bahrain
Horus
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Andy Roberts » 14 Mar 2010, 22:39

Horus / notch its such a shame that you have given up on this mod, if you can get into a groove with them they are awesome and while I understand that its frustrating they are fun you just got to be patient with them.

I felt like giving up loads of times when everyone laps you or you cant control the cars and you practice your nuts off and still 5 or 6 seconds down but perserverence pays off.

Dont give up as every series that FO have is a chance to learn and progress and eventualy you find that you can mix it with the big boys sometimes (look at adz for an example)

hope theses word of encouragement help in some small way as racing on a grid of 15 / 20 is better than 5 / 6

Andy
Andy Roberts
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Horus » 14 Mar 2010, 23:08

Hi Andy, don't get me wrong I am not feeling like I cannot get faster, I am not worried about being lapped. I am worried about racing in a mod that has little passion for me. I really do not have a passion for this. I don't like any F1 mod, I love F1 but no mod comes close to fulfilling that passion. Much akin to my love of bikes, there has and never will be a sim bike game that makes me feel that biking experience.

I know you could point out that any sim does not have the same feel as the real thing, then again you can say some hide that fact really well and so make it easier to appreciate that experience. I am not happy playing this mod in anyway. I don't like the feel, looks, or the fact that I will be hitting a wall near you very soon. I just do not like this sim. I hope we have a Race series soon, or a rFactor sim that contains real fun that we all have a chance to finish. I personelly don't see this series as friendly

Take care all.
Schumacher is rusty around the ring - BBC commentator on Shumy at Bahrain
Horus
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Nismo » 14 Mar 2010, 23:10

Bazel,

Give it a chance mate and i don't mind helping you with setups and driving round the track with you, just give me a shout mate and i'm sure we will have you flying soon enough. Same goes with Ian, Mike and adz etc mate, you only have to ask. These cars have some weird physics IMO but they can be made to go alright and have copious amounts of grip mate, it's just getting everything upto temperature mate thats all.
Nismo
Flatout Member
Flatout Member

Name: Lee Ross

PreviousNext

Return to Historic F1 79 Tour